Fellowship Program

Prof.Dr. Gubisch and Dr. Haack - Stuttgart - Germany 

press to zoom




Head of Dept.

Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Gubisch

Dr. Sebastian Haack

  • Nasal deformities (congenital, acquired)


Primary rhinoplasty

Secondary rhinoplasty


Extracorporeal septal reconstruction

Nasal reconstruction


Professor Dr Wolfgang Gubisch, qualified in both ENT and Plastic Surgery, has an international reputation in the field of rhinoplasty. He recently stepped down as head of the department at the Marienhospital, but still operates there frequently. His successor Sebastian Haack runs a very tidy and well established department that has been committed to the surgical care of the nose for many years now. He is supported in this fellowship by Dr Helmut Fischer.

I. Participating unit

The Marienhospital is situated just south to the center of Stuttgart, the city know for being the home to Mercedes Benz and Porsche and for its mineral baths. The hospital was build in 1890, is linked to the University of Tübingen and currently has 784 beds in 17 departments. 111 of those beds are in the Plastic Surgery department. The facial part of the department has a strong focus on the nose.

A white coat will be provided and you can attend all lists and ward rounds. The lists are made by Dr. Helmut Fischer so please turn to him if you need to get your bearings. If you are allowed to scrub in with the procedures he will put you on the list as “gastartzt”.

II. Accommodation

The hospital has some cheap rooms available but they must be reserved in advance. Ms Kurz (the secretary of professor Gubisch) knows her way around the hospital and can help to arrange this before you arrive. Alternatively you can book a room at a reasonable fare in the nearby hotel Hottmann ( For more information on Stuttgart please visit:

III. Transportation

Public transport is the best way to get around Stuttgart. The airport is 13km south of the city.

IV. Visa

All non European fellows have to apply for a Schengen visa which allows them to work in the European Union. They also have to contact the Regierungspräsidium to get a limited working permit. The departmental secretary will be able to help you get onto the right track.

Licensure Requiered?



with licence

Funding / Salary provided?


Housing provided?